Wednesday 9 March 2011

A reflection upon leaving


Unfortunately due to work commitments I needed to fly home early, leaving what once was 5 depleted to 3!

My 10 or so days in Hong Kong were fantastic - the city, the kids, the teachers and the great company. This week saw us back to teaching and encountering such a variety in the classes we met. However one thing was true across the board, everyone we met were extremely nice and could not be more helpful.

While enjoying all of the classes, I really liked the teachers classes as they were slightly different to the rest. We not only had to explain and teach debating but try and convey the best method by which to teach. I certainly learned a lot and and I hope they did too.

Teaching the same lesson plan every day I thought would get frustrating, however with the wide range of abilities and strengths that we met each class was like new. That was so refreshing and kept us on our feet.

As for our social time - we had great fun, seeing the sights, visiting Macau and eating out! Im not the easiest to go for dinner with so I appreciate the others putting up with me. Our hosts at the ESU Hong Kong, particularly Verner, could not have done more for us, including taking us out twice for dinner. It was very much appreciated.

It can be nerve racking going to a foreign place with no one you know well for nearly two weeks, but not so with this group of coaches. I learned so much from them all and I think not only did we work great as a team in the classroom - I think we really got on well, which was great. Id happily spend another 2 weeks teaching with them! So thanks, Roopi, Jagdish, Seb and Mary (the boss!).

So farewell Hong Kong. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment